London and South East Sales Representative
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 commensurate with experience. Pro rata’d to 3 days.
Duration: 3 days a week, 2 year initial contract.
Location: London and the South East, home based with travel to Newcastle office.
Closing date: Midday Friday 6th March 2020
Interviews: 17th March 2020
Start date: 1st April 2020
Applications: please email a full CV and covering letter to Sophie O'Neill at email@example.com by deadline date with the title "Application for sales representative role".
Inpress is a sales and marketing agency for independent publishers based in Newcastle upon Tyne representing 60 of the UK's most innovative and creative presses to the UK book trade and beyond. We are an Arts Council England funded National Portfolio Organisation with funding confirmed until March 2022. Inpress has seen significant growth in our UK trade sales over the last three years. As part of our future growth plans for Inpress, we are bringing the key rep region of London and the South East in-house and have ambitious sales ambitions for this area.
We are looking for a London and South East sales representative to join our dynamic sales and marketing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and increasing book sales turnover in the key sales region of London and the South East. They will be responsible for sales to all bookshop accounts, including branch stores of national bookshops, museums and galleries with a major focus on independent bookshop relationships. They will work closely with the Key Account Sales Manager and Sales and Marketing Executive to achieve our growth plans. They will build relationships with Inpress member publishers offering direct feedback where appropriate.
- To achieve sales targets and generate sales growth for Inpress member publishers in the region
- To maintain and develop excellent relationships with independent bookshops
- To provide market feedback to Head Office and Inpress publishers on this region
- To manage the relationship between Inpress and the region’s independent bookshops through face to face visits, email and phone contact
- Focus on new title sales, preparing a sales strategy for relevant accounts
- Increase sales and number of shops ordering Inpress titles direct
- Assist the sales and marketing exec in dues checking and title reports and liaise on marketing materials and promotions
- Support the Key Account Manager where necessary
- Attend launches and publisher events where necessary
- Attend two sales conferences a year
- Regular travel to bookshops around London and the South East region
- Regular trips to Newcastle
- Positive attitude and confidence to build relationships through face to face meetings as well as over the phone or email
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-motivation with ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Two years experience of publishing or bookselling
- Genuine interest in literary fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- Interest in social media sales and marketing
- Achieve agreed overall trade sales targets
- Excellent and improved sales and business relationships with targeted customers
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can succeed. We encourage applications from all and seek to employ a workforce representative of the publishers and markets that we serve.