London and South East Sales Representative
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 commensurate with experience. Pro rata’d to 4 days.
Duration: 4 days a week, 2 year initial contract.
Location: London and the South East, home based with travel to Newcastle office.
Closing date: Midday Monday 31st October 2022
Interviews: 8th/9th November 2022
Start date: ASAP
Applications: please email a full CV and covering letter to Sophie O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline date with the title "Application for sales representative role".
We are looking for a London and South East sales rep to join our dynamic sales and marketing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales turnover in the key sales region of London and the South East. They will manage key independent bookshop relationships, including museums and galleries, and work closely with the Key Account Sales Manager and Sales and Marketing Executive to achieve our growth plans.
The role will require an extremely high level of organisation and will suit a personable, engaging individual who is passionate about books, enjoys selling and can plan their time using their own initiative while also working well as part of a team.
- To achieve sales targets and generate sales growth for Inpress member publishers in the region
- To maintain and develop excellent relationships with independent bookshops
- To provide feedback to colleagues at Head Office and Inpress publishers on this key market
Key accountability and tasks
- To manage the relationship between Inpress and the region’s independent bookshops through face-to-face visits, email and phone contact
- Increase sales through independent shops, museum and gallery accounts in the region
- Liaise closely with the Key Account Manager on sales to independents through Gardners, create a strategy for sell-in.
- Champion independent publishers and publishing to the independent book trade
- Prepare bookshop sales kits
- Manage call list and appointments diary
- Manage weekly email title and publicity updates to accounts
- Prepare for and contribute to weekly and monthly in-house sales meetings
- Monthly sales reporting on key indies and territory
- Attend book launches, Inpress and publisher events as necessary
- Support the Key Account Manager where necessary
- Experience of publishing or bookselling
- Positive attitude and confidence to build relationships through face-to-face meetings, as well as over the phone or email
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-motivation with ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Genuine interest in literary fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office softwares
- Ability to learn database systems quickly and efficiently
- Achieve agreed overall trade sales targets
- Excellent and improved sales and business relationships with targeted customers
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can succeed. We encourage applications from all and seek to employ a workforce representative of the publishers and markets that we serve.